Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bye-Bye Summer..... Hello School!!

As summer dwindles away and the school year begins, I have become a little sad and anxious all at the same time. I am sad not being able to spend every waking moment with Ella, but super excited about teaching my new fourth graders! I have to say that this summer has probably been the best summer of my life for many reasons!

One, I got to wake up every morning to my sweet Ella!

Two, we took our first family vacation to Florida!

Three, we had tons of fun playdates!

Four, we had our fun in the sun!

Five, I did not have to move classrooms or learn a new curriculum!

Six, I made it past the half way point in my graduate school work. These are my robot campers!

Seven, Kermie finished his last 2 weeks away with the military EVER!

Eight, Ella and I took more walks in one day than most weeks during the school year!

Nine, we saw Dora and went to the fair.

Ten, we had great memories with family.

What a wonderful summer! Now... let's have just as fun of a school year!

5 comments:

Gina (Nana) said...

I like your post. It is kinda sad. Summer went by so fast. I know Ella is going to miss her mommy,you two have gotten so close. But she will be is the best hands possible all week long :) I hope you have a great school year. You are so doing what you were called to do, you are a great teacher and your kids are lucky to have you!

I love you
Mom

Mama Smors said...

loved this post!! have a great first day tomorrow :)

Lauren said...

What a neat way to recap your fun summer! Ella will have so many great childhood memories thanks to her great mommmy! Happy first week of school to you!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you all had a great summer! Hope today goes great as well!

mommyz3girlz said...

Looks like you had a fantastic summer! Lots of good times :)