Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Each year mom and I take Ella to Toys-R-Us to get her birthday balloon and crown from Geoffrey the Giraffe and let her spend her $3 gift card. She loves every minute of it!
We also took her to P.F. Chang's for a delicious birthday lunch which I think mom and I enjoyed the most! :) I love the veggie lettuce wraps and really enjoyed Ella's chocolate birthday treat!
One thing we knew for sure is that we wanted to have Ella's party away from home this year. We looked into several places and decided on Chuck E. Cheese for several reasons: the price, the amount of children you can have, and fun! Ella had a blast as did everyone who attended! :)
Since we had Ella's party a few days before her actual birthday, Kermie and I decided to take her somewhere fun on her birthday. We headed to Jalepeno's for lunch and Monkey Joe's for the afternoon. We all had such a fun time and I have a few battle wounds to show how "hard" we played! :)
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Boys vs. Girls:
We spent a lot of time with Ashley and the boys this summer. One day we decided to go to Sejla's house where she had filled up the baby pool for both Ella and Brayden. As Brayden was getting changed Ella noticed there was a little something different about him. "Mommy, what's Brayden got?" she asked. And I proceeded to tell her that all boys look different down there. That was basically the extent to which the conversation took us until.... we were at home a few days later and Ella began her usual drawing of smiley face families. She drew a head, face, arms, legs, hair, and then a stick right between the two legs. "What's this Ella?" I asked her assuming she would respond with something like "he has three legs". But, no, she responded with "Boys have long peepees mommy." We then extended our talk and spoke about how we don't draw peepees regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl. I'm hoping she learns how to draw clothes before kindergarten! :) A few days later, Ella was spending some time with her Nana and they were doing some drawing. As Ella's Nana walked into the room Ella very quickly covered her paper. Nana asked, "What did you draw Ella?" already aware of what had happened with the previous smiley face. Ella replied with, "Boys have long peepees Nana." As my mom tried her hardest to hold in the laughter she also gave the whole "we don't draw private parts" speech. Ella has drawn a few more long peepees since these incidents, but I think we are finally overcoming this hurdle! I think having a baby brother has helped tremendously!
My Baby Can't Suck a Bottle:
Yesterday morning I was putting some lotion on when Ella walked into the room with her baby doll. I had noticed that she had been strolling her around and stopping to change her diaper, but was unaware of the next thing. As Ella entered my room, she said, "Mommy, my baby can't suck from her baba yet. She has to suck from my boobies like Emma sucks from her mommy's boobies." I looked at her not knowing what to say. She continued, "And, you are her Nana so she needs to suck from your boobies since they are bigger." I tried my hardest not to laugh and told her that babies only get milk from their mommy's boobies and that she needed to go find the baby's bottle right away and teach her to suck from it. :) As she walked out of the room she tried to console her baby who was apparantly upset that her NANA would not feed her!
My daughter never ceases to make me laugh!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- Grayson slept terrific last night (including an almost 7 hour stretch).
- Ella was chipper and patient all morning.
- Ella dressed herself and did not throw any fits about clothing choices probably because she was allowed to wear a dress (the one she wears everyday now).
- I was able to get the entire house picked up.
- I munched on a few chocolate donuts and got in a glass of Coke! YUM!
- We were all excited about heading out to see Sejla and Emma for some catch up time.
Then, the day hit a slight bump and knocked us all for a loop for these reasons:
- Grayson screamed the entire time I gave him his medicine (he developed a case of Thrush which is new to me and absolutely hates the medicine).
- Upon pulling into Sejla's driveway Grayson threw up (projectile) all over himself and his car seat. This was the first major throw up and was a little scary.
- His throw up continued to seep out of the car seat and all over Sejla's floor so I had to take apart the seat and do a load of laundry at her house.
- Grayson was quite fussy which is very unlike him! I am assuming the medicine might be upsetting his tummy :(
- Ella began transitioning into "meltdown" mode while I was trying to get Grayson to sleep in Emma's rocking chair so I decided it was time to go.
- Ella started the whole "I don't want to go" fit and cried as we got in the car.
- I realized I still needed to take a trip to Wal-Mart for a few things with two fussy children! YIKES!
- Ella cried the entire trip to Wal-Mart... and when I say cried.. I mean screamed!
- She fell asleep on the way home, but woke up the minute I tried to put her down in her bed. Oh.. and did I mention she peed in the car while asleep???
- When it came time for bath time, I was splashed and hit several times by one very cranky 2 year old who lost her brand new Strawberry doll and Barbie for the night.
- Grayson cried again when I gave him his medicine.
So.... up until this point the road was smooth and an easy drive! After today, I'm hoping these kind of days are few and far between! Wouldn't trade any minute of the maddness for the world though :)
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Here are a few pictures from some of our outings this past month. I haven't been the best about picture taking!
Brayden and Ella
Emma, Keaton, and Grayson
Jackie and me at Evan's Orchard