Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bump in the Road

Today started out terrific for several reasons:
  1. Grayson slept terrific last night (including an almost 7 hour stretch).
  2. Ella was chipper and patient all morning.
  3. Ella dressed herself and did not throw any fits about clothing choices probably because she was allowed to wear a dress (the one she wears everyday now).
  4. I was able to get the entire house picked up.
  5. I munched on a few chocolate donuts and got in a glass of Coke! YUM!
  6. We were all excited about heading out to see Sejla and Emma for some catch up time.

Then, the day hit a slight bump and knocked us all for a loop for these reasons:

  1. Grayson screamed the entire time I gave him his medicine (he developed a case of Thrush which is new to me and absolutely hates the medicine).
  2. Upon pulling into Sejla's driveway Grayson threw up (projectile) all over himself and his car seat. This was the first major throw up and was a little scary.
  3. His throw up continued to seep out of the car seat and all over Sejla's floor so I had to take apart the seat and do a load of laundry at her house.
  4. Grayson was quite fussy which is very unlike him! I am assuming the medicine might be upsetting his tummy :(
  5. Ella began transitioning into "meltdown" mode while I was trying to get Grayson to sleep in Emma's rocking chair so I decided it was time to go.
  6. Ella started the whole "I don't want to go" fit and cried as we got in the car.
  7. I realized I still needed to take a trip to Wal-Mart for a few things with two fussy children! YIKES!
  8. Ella cried the entire trip to Wal-Mart... and when I say cried.. I mean screamed!
  9. She fell asleep on the way home, but woke up the minute I tried to put her down in her bed. Oh.. and did I mention she peed in the car while asleep???
  10. When it came time for bath time, I was splashed and hit several times by one very cranky 2 year old who lost her brand new Strawberry doll and Barbie for the night.
  11. Grayson cried again when I gave him his medicine.

So.... up until this point the road was smooth and an easy drive! After today, I'm hoping these kind of days are few and far between! Wouldn't trade any minute of the maddness for the world though :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been impressed with how well you handle it all. Remember you are not alone and if you need to swap crazy kid stories I have a bunch!

Lauren said...

While, I have not left the house to go anywhere except the park with both kids, I know the tantrums all to well. Thankfully, kids are cute and they eventually all fall asleep!

Nicole said...

Sorry you had such a rough day, but it sounds like you handled it like a champ. Hope I have your patience once I have two to handle!

Jackie said...

You are great mommy and you have handled the the adjustment so well! I am sorry you had such a hard day!!

Mama Smors said...

im sorry about your day!! i know those will be coming. i am glad to hear someone else suffers with the "i don't want to go" fit.... i hear it EVERY TIME we go ANYWHERE!!!!! hope grayson gets to feeling better and your sweet toddler will return! hang in there!