So I was tagged by a few people to tell what I love about my husband.... here goes :)
1. Where we met - I guess we technically met at church (Trinity Assembly of God). He was a cutie but way different from all of the other guys I had dated which was a good thing! I think deep down I knew it was love at first sight but didn't want to admit it too soon!
2. Our First Date - Well.... geez... we went on many "friend" dates but I would consider our "first" date the time we went to Applebee's right after he asked me to prom my freshman year.
3. How long did we date before we were married? - almost 5 years
4. How long have we been Hitched? - will be 6 years this August :)
5. Favorite Feature - it's hard to choose when his whole body is my favorite (haha) but if I had to say one thing it would be his hands!
6. Favorite Quality - Balanced! He is perfect for me in every way! His no stress balances out my too much stress!
7. His nickname for me - don't think I have one anymore these days...
8. His Favorite Color - he wears lots of grey, but I think he likes black and green a lot too
9. His Favorite Sport - Tennis which he is amazing at :)
10. Who Said I Love You first - hahaha.. I remember this day like it was yesterday! We both said it the same night after a very big and awkward build up. It was on my parents' front porch :)
11. Our First Kiss when and where - After prom my freshman year... I think we were watching Ernest :)
12. Favorite couple thing to do - Movies, look at cars, look at houses, go to Wal-mart
13. His Hidden Talent - he is an artist and a musician! I hope Ella gets these abilities! :)
14. His Favorite Music - all kinds of stuff, but he loves heavy screaming music which I'm not too fond of :) I think he'd enjoy being in a band like that!
15. What I admire most about him - That is was raised in a Christian home :) He is a Godly man and it's wonderful knowing that Ella has a dad she can look up to and never be dissappointed in and same for me :)
16. His favorite pastimes - Snowboarding, thinking of ways to remodel the house, searching for miscellaneous stuff on ebay and craigslist, playing the guitar, downloading music and movies on the computer, playing with Ella
17. Will he read this? - yes :) He checks Ella's blog when he checks everything else :)
I want to know why you love your husbands: Brittany, Ashley, Jackie
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
With the snow storm sending about four inches of snow and ice on top of that school has been canceled since Monday. I usually don't "like" missing school, but I had already planned for this one so I'm actually hoping for a whole Snow Week! There's nothing better than spending extra time with Ella!
On Monday morning she kept saying "Dada" and I would say "work" and then she'd say Mama and I'd say "here". She did this over and over and it was so cute! We went out in the snow on Monday before the big storm hit and she actually enjoyed it! I need to get her some snow boots before taking her out in the new snow... otherwise she will freeze up to her knees! I think her Pa is picking up some on his way home tonight!
Ella and I have really been working on her talking and she can say just about anything you want her too with the exception of a few sounds. She says everyone's name in our family but still has trouble with "Daniel", "Geoff", and "Granny". We have the whole week to practice though (fingers crossed) . Here are some videos of her talking today and pictures of her out in the snow!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
So this past weekend was so fun! Ashley and I threw Lynsie a baby shower at my house on Saturday, so Lynsie and Robert came in and stayed Saturday night. The shower was a blast and Lynsie got so many great gifts. I know her and Robert will both be so excited to get home and put all Emmie's stuff in just the right spot. Lynsie is such a beautiful mommy and you can tell how excited Robert is about becoming a daddy. We were all a little overcome with emotion--there is so much beauty and amazement at a pregnant woman and the gift inside (especially when it's a good friend)! God is truly amazing! Kermie and I are both thrilled about getting to see Emmie in just a few weeks--I just can't wait to see who she looks like :) Another plus to the weekend was getting another double date night :) Mom and Dad kept Ella on Saturday night and we were able to stay up until 1 and sleep in until 8! WOW! I didn't get too many pictures of the shower, but here are a few that we did capture.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
So yesterday Ella and I had a little time on our hands so we decided to give ourselves manicures. I do my nails fairly often, but I have not had the courage to paint Ella's yet. She's just so busy and still loves putting things in her mouth. To my surprise, she did so well with getting her nails done. She sat still and let them dry! Yay for Ella and girly nails!
You may have to zoom in on the pictures to actually see the nails.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
On Saturday, Kermie and I took Ella to the Newport Aquarium. She loves to look at fish and is obsessed with sharks so we thought this would be something she would enjoy. Turns out ... we were right! She loved the aquarium and all of the animals. She thought everything we saw was a shark which was quite funny. At first she was a little timid to touch the animals, but she eventually warmed up to the idea.
After the aquarium, we met Lynsie and Robert for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Lynsie's belly was so cute! Emmie has gotten so much bigger since the last time I saw her! I can't wait to meet her in just a very short time! Our food was very yummy, but Ella was all over the place! She wanted to walk and walk and walk every where! At naptime we took Ella to the hotel to sleep. We had made reservations for dessert at The Melting Pot at 5 so that is where we headed next! Once again, Ella was all over the place! She did enjoy the dessert though and we all did too! It was delicious :) There is nothing better than dipping Cheesecake into warm chocolate!
Monday, January 12, 2009
What are my goals for 2009? That's a good question. Here are a few...
1. Be a better wife. I know I give Kermie a hard time sometimes, but I've got to admit I honestly think he does a fabulous job! What's wrong with wanting more? haha I really want to be more encouraging and thankful with my words and actions when he does something thoughtful. And, even if I am right in certain situations--drop the topic before it goes overboard!
2. Stay off the sweet tea. I gave it up about a month ago and haven't had any since. This is a huge deal for me!
3. Pray with my family every night. I'd like to start some sort of tradition where we all get together and share our day and what we'd like to pray for. I think teaching Ella at a young age will be good for later down the road.
4. Grow in faith! Kermie is restling with the idea of going active duty in the military when his enlistment runs out in October. I see so many perks and at the same time so many negatives. I really need faith to know that God will show us what is best for our family.
5. Workout at least 3 times a week. I've been doing much better with my workouts during the week so I am hoping to stick it out. It's so hard to workout by yourself.. or at least it is for me!
6. Love this crazy, little girl every chance I get!
Friday, January 2, 2009
So.... I have been asked by my fellow blogging friend, Ashley, to tell seven secrets others may not know. I have been thinking on this and I think I may have found a few. Let's see if you knew this about me.
1. Although I absolutely LOVE my job, I have thought (more than once) about changing my career into what I had originally planned to do.... Physical Therapy. I worked as a tech for at least 4 years and was even offered to have my schooling paid for and a job, but I felt God had other plans for me. I love science and I loved the job of helping others who were physically impaired.
2. This one is very silly, but ever since I could drive I always wanted some type of station wagon. I always imagined myself driving with children in the back, dogs in the very back, the windows open and big huge sunglasses on. I guess deep down there is a little "yuppy" in me! I have the wagon, but for some reason it's just not as cool as I had imagined! But I love my car and never want anything other than it!
3. I have always thought I would win something big. Not earn something, but win something. I guess I'm waiting for the day when LUCK will strike!
4. I am a super-big worrier and have lots of anxiety! Most of you know this, but unless you have lived with me... you do not know the extent of it! I drive Kermie crazy and acutally take medicine to make me sane! haha I have gotten a lot better with the help of the medicine and God of course, but there are times when it's just too much :)
5. I would love to own a cute little boutique of some sort in a small town, maybe Sadieville if it ever amounts to anything. I think it would be so fun to have cute things in it that old women and young women like to get. I wouldn't necessarily like to run the boutique, but just have my name attached to it and get all the money! Very greedy I know :)
6. A trip to Italy would be wonderful and would probably be my ideal vacation, but I'm too afraid of planes to take the adventure. I'd have to been completely knocked out to make the journey. It's not that I'm afriad of heights; I just panic when they close the door. I've done it several times, but hate it more each time!
7. Being pregnant was probably the most wonderful gift I've ever received other than Ella herself. I loved every minute of it. I enjoyed feeling her grow, watching Kermie become attached and help out so much, the attention, and my body. I know it might be strange but I wouldn't mind being pregnant all the time. I would never hope that someone in my family couldn't have children, but if that was true I would have their baby no questions asked! Having a stranger's baby may be something I'd have to put much more thought into!
Now that you think I'm crazy .... Let me know about you.