Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lynsie and Emmie Kate

So this past weekend was so fun!  Ashley and I threw Lynsie a baby shower at my house on Saturday, so Lynsie and Robert came in and stayed Saturday night.  The shower was a blast and Lynsie got so many great gifts.  I know her and Robert will both be so excited to get home and put all Emmie's stuff in just the right spot.  Lynsie is such a beautiful mommy and you can tell how excited Robert is about becoming a daddy.  We were all a little overcome with emotion--there is so much beauty and amazement at a pregnant woman and the gift inside (especially when it's a good friend)!  God is truly amazing!  Kermie and I are both thrilled about getting to see Emmie in just a few weeks--I just can't wait to see who she looks like :)  Another plus to the weekend was getting another double date night :)  Mom and Dad kept Ella on Saturday night and we were able to stay up until 1 and sleep in until 8!  WOW!  I didn't get too many pictures of the shower, but here are a few that we did capture.  






4 comments:

Gina (Nana) said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TURN OUT FOR LYNSIE'S BABY SHOWER. PREGNANCY REALLY SUITS HER. SHE LOOKS SO CUTE!

Nicole said...

I'm glad the shower went well. And hooray for date nights!!!

Terri T said...

everybody looks so good...I miss being at home!!!!

Donovan said...

Brooke,

I'm glad everyone had a good time and I'm very happy for Lynsie and Robert!

Jack