Monday, January 12, 2009

Goals for 2009

What are my goals for 2009?  That's a good question.  Here are a few...

1.  Be a better wife.  I know I give Kermie a hard time sometimes, but I've got to admit I honestly think he does a fabulous job!  What's wrong with wanting more? haha  I really want to be more encouraging and thankful with my words and actions when he does something thoughtful.  And, even if I am right in certain situations--drop the topic before it goes overboard! 

2.  Stay off the sweet tea.  I gave it up about a month ago and haven't had any since.  This is a huge deal for me!

3.  Pray with my family every night.  I'd like to start some sort of tradition where we all get together and share our day and what we'd like to pray for.  I think teaching Ella at a young age will be good for later down the road.  

4.  Grow in faith!  Kermie is restling with the idea of going active duty in the military when his enlistment runs out in October.  I see so many perks and at the same time so many negatives.  I really need faith to know that God will show us what is best for our family.  

5.  Workout at least 3 times a week.  I've been doing much better with my workouts during the week so I am hoping to stick it out.  It's so hard to workout by yourself.. or at least it is for me!

6.  Love this crazy, little girl every chance I get!


5 comments:

Nicole said...

I think we could all probably work on being a better wife! And I love the idea of starting prayer time as a family!

Ashley said...

I like the prayer time too!

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke
Good goals for 2009. Number 6 is so easily done :)

Terri T said...

yeah! im glad you did the goals! also i completely agree with everything you said about PETA!!! Thanks!

Donovan said...

Brooke,

Those are great goals and I know you will be successful. I worry too about Jamie and the military but I have to leave that in God's hands. Brooke you are a good wife for Jamie and I thank God for you. You are also a great mom!

Love you,
Jack