1. Kermie launched his business "DonovanCain Hardwoods" and has been going strong since. I'm so proud of him and thankful to all the family who have been supportive of his decision.
2. My first official summer off work! Every summer before I have at least babysat to occupy my time. This past summer was wonderful in that Ella and I had every single day together with nothing to do! I can't wait for summer 2009! ha
3. Graduate school. I actually dreaded going back, but have found it very refreshing instead. I like having something to look forward to and it gives me time with old friends who are experiencing life in much the same way I am at the moment. So, to those that are postponing....it's not bad!
4. My five year anniversary! In August, Kermie and I celebrated our five year anniversary. I don't quite remember what we did, but know it was a special time :) There is nothing better than growing old with your spouse :)
5. Ella's first birthday. Ella turned one in September which was sad but so exciting at the same time. I spent a long time planning and preparing for the day. I know she had just as much fun as I did!
6. Job change. I was switched to fourth grade this year and have fallen in love with it all over again. It's nice doing something I've done before and trying to get "good" at it. I have become good friends with a teacher across the hall which makes the day fun and exciting. My kids are great on most occassions as well!
7. This one may seem a little vain, but at one point this year I felt the best "physically" that I have felt in a long time. I lost all the baby weight and was even below where I was before becoming prego. My goal is to keep it somewhere in between until the next baby arrives (hint..hint.. Kermie).
8. Christmas as a parent. Although I absolutely loved Christmas as a child, I think I love it even more as a parent. I enjoyed playing Santa and seeing the joy the season brings to everyone. I was excited to set traditions with my own family and watch Ella enjoy everything we did together. The time off was precious as well :)