Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nashville Birthday Bash

Dad could you speed up please! haha... She wanted her sucker!
Mommy and Ella in the jungle gym.
We're in trouble when she turns 16!
She loves pizza and loved watching the singing animals.
Daddy and Ella in the tire store.  She's such a trooper.
The manger scene.
One of my favorite scenes in Ice.
Ella all bundled up.
Mom, Dad, and the Grinch
We look silly!
Daniel and Jessica
Dad and Bekah
Dad and Mom
In front of the biggest tree.
The whole gang -- with the outsiders! haha
The Cain's :)  
In front of one of the million trees at Opryland Hotel.

Right after school let out on Friday, my family headed to Nashville to celebrate my mom's and my birthday.  It was an extremely fun and relaxing weekend!  It's so funny because most people say they would hate having a birthday so close to Christmas, but I guess my parents have always been cautious of the fact that it could very easily run together.  So, in result, I have always had fabulous birthdays!  Thanks mom and dad! 
On Saturday, we woke up to a flat tire so that kind of put a damper on the day.  My car has those locking lug nuts and we bought it used and didn't have the key to get the tire off so we had to hitch a ride with my parents the rest of the weekend. Early Saturday morning we made a trip to the OpryMills mall where we did lots of shopping and Ella visited Santa.  We did lots of shoe shopping (I think between all of us we came home with at least 4 new pairs of shoes) :) After our shopping extravaganza, we went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch.  There is a chop salad there that mom and I love!  Ella enjoyed the scenery even more this time than she did in Disney.  Later that evening we stopped at the Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas decorations and to eat dinner.  Ella really liked this as well!  The coolest thing was the vine lady on stilts!  She was beautiful in a very weird way :)
Sunday was spent packing up, visiting Ice, and eating at Wild Horse Saloon.  Ice was very cold, but very pretty!  We all looked a little silly in our winter gear!  By the end of the tour I had Ella completely covered up with blankets and jackets!  The Titans were playing Sunday so our experience at Wild Horse Saloon was animated with all the crazy men screaming for their team! Ella clapped right along with them.  
Overall our trip was great!  While the rest of the gang left for Kentucky Kermie, Ella and I stayed another night to wait for the VW dealership to open and fix our tires :(  It actually turned into a great extra day.  We went to the mall for smoothies, ordered food into the hotel, and took Ella to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch!  It was wonderful driving home on four new tires knowing we were finally safe and didn't have to keep an eye on the crazy flat tire! 



7 comments:

Phyllis said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. I AM HAPPY THAT YOU CAN BE TOGETHER AS A FAMILY AND HAVE FUN.

I AM GLAD YOU ALL ARE BACK SAFE AND SOUND.

LOVE NANNY

Ashley said...

it looks like you all had so much fun! I hope you had a great birthday!

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke,Kermie and Ella,
We had a wonderful time with you this past weekend! I love spending time with all of you.You are so much fun! Brooke,I like our birthdays being so close together,its fun too celebrate with you.I'm glad that you all had a good time. I love you all!

Mom,Gina and Nana

Donovan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donovan said...

Brooke,

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. Opryland is a neat place. I know it stunk having a flat tire but it all worked out and maybe it was a blessing in disguise. It would have been horrible if it blew while on the interstate. I'll see you, miss Ella and Jamie tomorrow for Christmas.

Love you,
Jack

Donovan said...

Ella,

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time in Nashville. I love all your pictures. I am glad your Mommy and Nana had such good birthdays. I love you and will see you tomorrow.

Granny

Mama Smors said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love the ice manger scene. Hope you all had good birthdays and a very Merry Christmas!