Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Life: The First Month

Tomorrow marks one month for Grayson and our first month with our new and improved family of four! This first month has brought many things with the days that passed: hugs and kisses galore, lots of dirty diapers, the wonderful scent of baby lotion, dry hands from bottle washing (I did not breast feed this time around and have been very happy with my decision so far!), a few jealousy issues and quite a bit of moaning and groaning from Ms. Ella to get her way, some crying from pretty much every member of the family, lots of laughing, visits from friends and family, the addition of being thankful for baby Grayson in Ella's prayers, a little fatiuge, loads and loads of laundry, the use of my rocking chair, the rekindled love for the Boppy, and the list continues. We are all beginning to get the hang of our new life and to be honest, it's been much easier than I thought! Grayson is a wonderful baby and Ella is a huge help! We've had our moments of course, but I wouldn't trade them for anything! It is already going by way too fast and I'm sure the last 5 weeks will fly by! But, one thing I know for sure is how blessed I am to be able to spend so much time enjoying both of my children! God is GREAT!

Here are a few pictures from some of our outings this past month. I haven't been the best about picture taking!

Brayden and Ella


Emma, Keaton, and Grayson


Jackie and me at Evan's Orchard


My lovelies! :)


Grayson's exciting day at the park with mommy and Ella.


Ella at the park. She refuses to wear anything but a dress these days! It's like pulling teeth!


Ella and Ava at the Orchard.

Ella and Grayson sitting under a shade tree during one of our daily walks around town.

5 comments:

Amber said...

So sweet!!! I am glad he is a wonderful baby. I am sure that helps ALOT the second time around.

I love Grayson's clothes. Where did you get the cute onesie and tiger shirt?

Nicole said...

Glad to hear it's been a fairly easy transition! They're both just absolutely adorable...and I understand about the dress thing, it's a fight if I tell Bailey she can't wear a dress one day!

Brooke said...

Amber- most of his clothes came from Carter's :) I know the tiger shirt did for sure.

Jackie said...

sweet post brooke:)

Lauren said...

Glad to hear the transition to a family of four has gone well. Your babies are beautiful and I love reading about another mommy going through the same thing.