Thursday, September 9, 2010

From the Mouth of a 2 Year Old

I have debated whether or not to put these stories on the blog due to their content and I've finally decided to do it! Anyone who knows Ella knows that she is quite comical and will comment on anything "out of the ordinary" that she observes. And lately, she has been quite the observer. So, everything you are about to read are her latest observations and reactions... enjoy!


Boys vs. Girls:

We spent a lot of time with Ashley and the boys this summer. One day we decided to go to Sejla's house where she had filled up the baby pool for both Ella and Brayden. As Brayden was getting changed Ella noticed there was a little something different about him. "Mommy, what's Brayden got?" she asked. And I proceeded to tell her that all boys look different down there. That was basically the extent to which the conversation took us until.... we were at home a few days later and Ella began her usual drawing of smiley face families. She drew a head, face, arms, legs, hair, and then a stick right between the two legs. "What's this Ella?" I asked her assuming she would respond with something like "he has three legs". But, no, she responded with "Boys have long peepees mommy." We then extended our talk and spoke about how we don't draw peepees regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl. I'm hoping she learns how to draw clothes before kindergarten! :) A few days later, Ella was spending some time with her Nana and they were doing some drawing. As Ella's Nana walked into the room Ella very quickly covered her paper. Nana asked, "What did you draw Ella?" already aware of what had happened with the previous smiley face. Ella replied with, "Boys have long peepees Nana." As my mom tried her hardest to hold in the laughter she also gave the whole "we don't draw private parts" speech. Ella has drawn a few more long peepees since these incidents, but I think we are finally overcoming this hurdle! I think having a baby brother has helped tremendously!

My Baby Can't Suck a Bottle:

Yesterday morning I was putting some lotion on when Ella walked into the room with her baby doll. I had noticed that she had been strolling her around and stopping to change her diaper, but was unaware of the next thing. As Ella entered my room, she said, "Mommy, my baby can't suck from her baba yet. She has to suck from my boobies like Emma sucks from her mommy's boobies." I looked at her not knowing what to say. She continued, "And, you are her Nana so she needs to suck from your boobies since they are bigger." I tried my hardest not to laugh and told her that babies only get milk from their mommy's boobies and that she needed to go find the baby's bottle right away and teach her to suck from it. :) As she walked out of the room she tried to console her baby who was apparantly upset that her NANA would not feed her!

My daughter never ceases to make me laugh!

5 comments:

Mama Smors said...

hahaha!!! this made me laugh and ivy and ella should hang out to report on their worldly observations. ivy thinks it's "ascusting" that Tula has to only drink white milk from a boobie and then was proud to tell me that her babies are drinking chocolate milk from hers. :)

Jackie said...

Ha Ha. Ella gave Ava a lesson on boy parts (including illustrations on my driveway!:) It was too funny!

Lauren said...

Ha ha! We have had all kinds of talk about oee pees, boobs, and mommy's milk in our house too. Caleb likes to talk about everyone in the family and whether they have a penis or a pee pee.

Nicole said...

Sooo funny! Just what I needed to start my Monday!!!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry I was the one to introduce that to her world! Another funny part to the story is that she said that it wasn't fair that Brayden had one and she didn't and she wanted one too! :)