Saturday, March 27, 2010

And, the verdict is......

Ella's baby brother now has a name! After much deliberation, we have finally come to a verdict on the whole name game! So, before I fill you in on the big surprise let me fill you in on the whole process of how HE got a name.

Before we even knew we were having a boy, we had compiled a list of top names that we BOTH agreed on. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I listed these on here a few posts back. And, although we had our top name list, we continued searching for names that we liked. I found a few... Kermie found a few. I shared mine with him... he shared his with me. One of the names he found that he really liked was Wyatt. I loved it too! One of the names I found was Grayson. He loved it not so much! The conversation was over and Wyatt became part of our top name list. Then, a few weeks later, Kermie asked, "What do you think about the name Grayson?" My immediate reaction was... duh.... and... are you kidding me? In my mind, I had already dismissed the name due to the fact that I knew he didn't like it. In fact, I was gearing myself up for the possiblity of Wyatt becoming our next child. Low and behold, last night on our date night we decided that Grayson would be his name!!!! And, although we had many possibilities for a middle name, Jack was always the definite being Kermie's dad's name.

So, for those that were waiting in suspense (haha)............. Grayson Jack is the final verdict!

6 comments:

Mama Smors said...

I love it!! That is a great name :) I am sure Ella is excited to call her baby brother by name!

Jackie said...

Love it! And he is kind of named after me...Jack is pretty close to Jacqueline/Jackie :) Ha Ha:)

Donovan said...

I am so honored, thank you!!

Jack (AKA dad and papa)

Ashley said...

yay! So excited for him to have a name! I love it...Isn't it nice when husbands come around on our ideas from the beginning?

Nicole said...

Great name!!

Annie said...

I love the name Grayson! Wyatt was one of my top names too, but we obviously ended up not using it :) Im so excited for Ella! Little brothers are so much fun!