Sunday, November 14, 2010

K-K-K-Katy

My great-grandmother Johnny used to sing this song to her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren when she rocked them to sleep. A generation later: My Nanny (mom's mom) also sang this song to her kids, grandchildren (including me), and great-grandchildren (including Ella) when she rocked them to sleep. A generation later: My mother sang this song to me and to Ella when she rocked us to sleep. A generation later: I sing this song to Ella and it is one of her favorite lullabyes. I never knew the origins to this song, but Kermie did a little research and found that it was a song from the WWI era. I thought this was so interesting and wanted to share it with you :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That was so neat to hear! Ella sings this to me all the time:)

Mama Smors said...

how cool!!! i love traditions :)

ps- looks like SOOOO much fun in chicago!! ivy would LOVE the american girl store :)