Sunday, January 23, 2011

God Speaks

This morning, I woke up and since Grayson is still suffering from his nasty cold, we decided not to go to church. Kermie wanted to take Ella on a little date and I stayed home with Grayson to enjoy more snuggle time. I am always bummed when we can't make it to church, but I find it amazing how God speaks to you no matter where you are. My personality and/or mentality has always been one of worry. I know worry is a sin, but this is one that I constantly struggle with. Whether it is worry about family, school, work, etc, etc., etc. I have a hard time finding peace in the current situation and am always looking forward to what will be. However, God has really been working on me the past year or so and I am so thankful to be slowly breaking free of worry! On the other hand, when I first woke up this morning, I could feel that little tinge of worry creeping up inside of me. As I was watching the Southland Hour with Grayson sound asleep in my arms, I heard God speaking loud and clear!

1. I am so blessed to have a husband who cherishes time with his kids and has no problem getting in alone time.

2. I am so thankful to have had a great childhood and parents who raised me to the best of their ability in a Godly home.

3. I am blessed to have friends that are honest, share their struggles, and give sincere advice.

4. I shouldn't expect anything from anyone no matter what the situation.

5. Every moment God gives us is our CHANCE. Our chance to witness, to lead, to forgive, to love, etc.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday afternoon and stays warm!!! :)

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

Have you ever done the Beth Moore Bible study "Breaking Free?" It was by far the most life changing study for me. It helped me to really deal with my worries and anxieties all with Biblical support. Loved it!

*ps- I know you were loving your snuggle time with Grayson!!! And I am sure Ella was elated to have a date with Daddy!