Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Monday was Ella's first trip to the dentist and to my surprise she did fairly well! To have only had a 30 minute nap and a runny nose, she was an "enjoyable" two year old.

When we first walked in she was so excited because we had been talking about it for a while. She loved the toys and couldn't wait to go back with the dentist. When they called her name she ran through the "little" door excited about what was to come....... until she had to sit in the x-ray chair! They put the x-ray cap over her and I think the heaviness of it freaked her out! Since mommy was prego there was no holding allowed which didn't help the situation at all. After a few minutes of crying we decided to bypass the pictures for the day.

On to the cleaning we went and Ella really warmed up to the hygenist. She actually let her clean her teeth, floss her teeth, and do a flouride treatment with her brand new tooth brush. I think the tv playing above her head helped! :) Since she was in good spirits by this point, we tried again for x-rays and she did wonderful! It was so weird to see Ella's big girl teeth in the pictures. It probably sounds weird, but it actually made me sad!

By the time it was time for the dentist to come examine her teeth, Ella was about ready to be DONE! She let him look at them sitting up, but laying down was another story! The whole time he counted and poked she fussed.

Finally, the best part of the trip came and Ella got to choose a toy and put her no cavity sticker on the door. She left a little grumpy, but with extra clean teeth!

Way to go Ella! :)

6 comments:

Mama Smors said...

YAY- Ella!!! I am loving that through your facebook break I am getting to read your blog more often. Keep the updates coming :)

Brooke said...

Haha... I know it! I am actually loving my time away from Facebook!

Nicole said...

Blogging is much more fun than facebook! :) Glad Ella did well at her dentist visit, we'll have ours soon and I'm a little nervous!

Gina (Nana) said...

Way to go Ella! You are such a big girl.

I love you Nana

Donovan said...

what a big girl Ella, Granny is so proud of you. Love you sweetie.

Granny

Jackie said...

Glad she did Ok! Miss you on facebook...I just figured out you were blogging. I added a few pics of Disney on my blog for you:)