Monday, September 8, 2008

Pre-Birthday Celebration


Last Friday, I took off work to spend the day with Ella and my mom.  The purpose of the day was to get ready for Ella's birthday (I know I have made it a really big deal, but I am so excited for her!)  It was a wonderful day and one that I will never ever forget! 

We started our day by taking a trip to the mall where we went to get Ella's picture taken and went shopping.  When we got there it was pouring raining and the stroller was drenched!  There was actually a puddle in the basket at the bottom!  We got to the picture place and realized our pictures wouldn't be taken until 1:30, so we shopped until we dropped!  Ella got four pairs of shoes (I finally found a size 2/3 pair of Crocs!), a halloween costume and lots of birthday presents.  I guess that is what you do when you are waiting around at the mall! We definitely had fun "waiting"!

When picture time came we had no idea what was in store for us!  Ella took the first few shots in her blue outfit Nana got her and then we took some pictures in her Halloween costume!  She was all over the place (literally)!  She ran for the balls and the monkeys!  I would put her in the right spot and then she would take off!  When she was suppose to stand beside a stool or on it she was slouching or running into it!  At one point she was sticking her tongue out at the poor photographer and the funniest of all.... (which made us all cry!)  Ella tried her front roll in the middle of her photo shoot!  Ella has really picked up forward rolls in the past weeks and when you say one...two...three... she automatically bends down for a flip.  This is exactly what she did in her photo shoot and it was hilarious!  I will post pictures as soon as we get them back!  The proofs were really cute :)

After our fun photo shoot, we headed over to Toys-R-Us for more birthday shopping.  I was excited to get Ella her birthday crown and balloon!  She has carried that balloon around the house ever since! I am so excited to see how she reacts to all of the excitement this weekend!

6 comments:

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
Nana will never forget our day at the mall,you were such a ham. Your photo shoot was the best and funniest that I have ever been to.I can't believe that you are going to be 1! It has gone by to fast.I am so excited for your birthday party, you are ging to have so much fun! (And so is mommy and daddy):)See ya in a little bit.
I love you
Nana

Jackie said...

I can't wait to see your pictures! Your party is going to be so fun!

Mama Smors said...

Awww~ Happy Pre-Birthday Ella!!! :) I can't wait to see the pictures, I bet they will be so cute.

Donovan said...

Birthdays are fun and this one will be the best you've ever had (you're going to be one - get it?). Oh well I'm glad you had a fun day.

Love,
Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

It sounds like you had a good day shopping on Friday, as well as Mommy and Nana. I can't wait to see your pictures. I know you are going to have a great b'day. I love you sweetie.

Granny

Nicole said...

It sounds like you all had a blast! I can't wait to see the pictures!!