Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daddy's Birthday






Yesterday was Kermie's 28th birthday!! It's amazing to think that I first met him when he was 16 (did I mention he was extremely cute with his long hair!?) and now..... 12 years later.... he's only gotten better looking! I wanted this birthday to be really special for him so we did about a week's worth of celebrating. 

Last Friday night after work, we went out for his most favorite meal at Jalepeno's [two cheese enchiladas with rice and beans]!  I am pretty sure we would eat there for every meal if it wasn't in Lexington!  They have the best potato burrito ever!

All weekend long (Memorial Day weekend), we worked on the house and actually got alot accomplished. I planted a ton more flowers, Kermie put up more hardie board siding, put in a new window, and even put up a new porch swing. I don't necessarily think these were birthday celebration activities, but I do think he enjoyed getting all of those things done and not having any other obligations.  

For one of Kermie's birthday presents, we put together all of the money he got from family and a little extra  for a new kayak. He has been wanting one for the longest time and it was so exciting watching him put it in the water for the first time. Ella and I love it too! He spent any extra time during the weekend on Eagle Creek. 

On Monday, we went out to eat with his parents at Cracker Barrel for a birthday lunch because they were leaving for Florida.  Cracker Barrel is probably one of his other favorite places to eat. Their italian dressing is delicious!

On Wednesday (his actual birthday), my mom and I had planned to surprise him at work with a mini party so she took Ella, pizza and cookies to the job site.  I really wanted to come, but it just so happened that I didn't get planning that day :(  He was very surprised and enjoyed the mini party!  After work, we went out for a last birthday dinner at Galvin's.  If you haven't been to Galvin's you should definitely try it... I love the eggplant sandwich.  




5 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats to you all on Kermie's new job! Such great news with the economy the way it is. Blake is in the midst of graduating and securing a teaching job after not working for 6 months. I know the stresses of that. And a family vacation to top it off is wonderful!

Nicole said...

Congrats to Kermie!! Sounds like he had a great birthday week, and I LOVE the pic of Ella in the kayak, too cute! Have a great time on the beach and take lots of pictures!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Kermie!

Gina (Nana) said...

Happy Birthday again Kermie almost a week later! It sounds like you had a really fun birthday this year. We enjoyed giving you your first surprise Birthday Party!! It was fun. Enjoy your Kayak!

Love you!
Gina

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Jamie. Glad we were able to go eat for your birthday:)