Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Best Gift

Easter 2011 was a terrific occasion for the Donovan family. Not only did we get to visit with family and make memories, but we were also able to reflect on the great sacrifice that was given so that we could live the blessed life we live today. I find it so amazing to really ponder how great the gift of salvation is and how selfish I am in comparison to He who constantly forgives and is alive in me today. One thing is for sure, I would not make it an hour in this world without knowing that God is alive and guiding my every step. I pray that if there is any one thing that Kermie and I are successful at in this life is that we are able to show our children God's love and compassion.

We were able to spend the entire weekend visiting with family. On Saturday, we went to spend the day with Kermie's family. And, although it was a bit soggy, the kids really enjoyed hunting for eggs inside.


Sunday morning, we woke up and the kids opened their Easter baskets. Please notice how we had all just rolled right out of bed.


After church, we headed down to mom and dad's for Easter pizza and another egg hunt. The kids had a terrific time and have enough candy to last several months!


I hope everyone had a terrific Easter!

“The highest act of love is the giving of the best gift, and, if necessary, at the greatest cost, to the least deserving. That’s what God did. At the loss of His Son’s life to the totally undeserving, God gave the best gift – the display of the glory of Christ who is the image of God.” [John Piper]

1 comment:

Donovan said...

I love you Brooke and I love your words!