Thursday, September 1, 2011

Converted Van Fan

Pretty much since I have been able to drive I have had in mind the "type" of car that I wanted to drive. Doesn't everyone have their dream car? Well, about 4 years ago my husband brought home my dream car or so I thought! I had always wanted either a BMW or Volkswagen Station Wagon (seems weird to some, I know). Due to the fact that nothing BMW is within our budget, I got the Volkswagen Passat Wagon! I was in love at first sight!!!

The Passat was wonderful for quiet some time and then we ran into issues. From lug nuts and recalls to side mirrors and deer mishaps, the Passat and I were not made for each other! Then, when the second kiddo arrived, we completely ran out of room! Driving 15 hours in a cramped car just isn't my style!

So, after much deliberation and going against my, "No way am I ever getting a van!" statement (not that a van is much different from a wagon??), I gave in! I looked at many different vans and finally decided on the Nissan Quest. Everyone in the Donovan Clan is enjoying the extra space and hopefully we will enjoy the Quest for many years to come!


One last picture with the Passat!

My sidekicks for the day! Yes, my mom, my sister and I did the car buying!! Kermie was brave! P.S. Notice Bekah's cute little belly!!!

Proud van owner!

Awww.. we have tinted windows and look at all of this space! The small joys in life :)

Yes, you've got it, this is my van!



3 comments:

Lauren said...

We love our van too. I have come full circle 10 years later! Definitely easier with 2 in carseats. I love that I have enough room to keep E rearfacing longer than in a car.

Mama Smors said...

So glad you love it!!! :) I love mine and hope to drive it for many years~ your kiddos look ready for a road trip with all that space!

Donovan said...

Good for you! :) (Vans need love too)