Monday, November 19, 2007

Nursing at Nine and A Half Weeks

Well, at nine and a half weeks, Ella decided she likes nursing after all! She has been successfully nursing for almost two days now. She latches well and even seems quite satisfied afterwards. It was kind of strange how we stumbled upon this new development, but I am so excited that we finally got it together. I think me being more laid back probably has a lot to do with it. Anyhow, it is nice not having to pump and feed. I will just stick to pumping at school. Yeah for Ella!

Ella and I tried nursing for about a week and then mommy started to get plugged up again. I think my body produces more milk than she was wanting to eat and I was still having to pump. I was not willing to get sick like the last time and sacrifice my milk supply, so I resorted back to pumping. Maybe I'm a quitter, but I think Ella would rather have a less stressed and healthy mommy! So, that's the latest.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Ella,

You have a wonderful mommy and daddy.

Love you, Nanny Bramel

Gina (Nana) said...

Good girl Ella, you have made mommy so happy by nursing again. You have such a good mommy.I love you!! Nana

Donovan said...

Ella,

I love you! You are a very special little girl.

Grandpa

Ashley said...

That is exciting- I am happy for you!

Jackie said...

That is great Brooke!

Donovan said...

Ella,

I am glad you can help your Mommy by nursing some. I think it makes her very happy. Your such a sweetie. I love you.

Granny