Monday, December 31, 2007

Feeding Update

Since Kermie and I have both been off with Ella, we decided to try a new formula. Due to our last experiences, we were both a little timid trying something new (given that the past two experiences she has thrown up for hours after eating). Dr. Q recommended trying Soy formula to see if Ella had any reaction like she did with the regular formula. As of today, three days into our experiment, Ella has had no reaction at all! She did not like the taste at first, but I have been very slowly adding half an ounce to each bottle of breast milk. She is now up to 3 ounces of formula and the rest is still breast milk. She is loving it so far and seems to be much more satisfied after each bottle. She is even going 4 hours between feedings and slept until 8:00 this morning! I still plan to mix formula and breast milk for a while (possibly the winter months), but plan to talk with Dr. Q in more detail at Ella's four month check up on January 14th. This is such exciting news for all of us here at the Donovan house!!

2 comments:

Donovan said...

Ella,

I'm glad your eating better. You need to fill your little tummy so you have the energy to play, play, play!

I love you,
Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

I am happy that you are doing better on your formula. I know it makes mommy and daddy happy too. You are such a sweetie. I enjoyed having lunch with you yesterday. I will see you on Wednesday. I love you bunches.

Granny