Thursday, December 13, 2007

growing...growing...Ella's 3 Months Old!



Today, Ella turned 3 months old! It seems just like yesterday her daddy and I drove to the hospital not sure of whether or not the time had come. And, now we have a beautiful, three month old Ella Chase. She has grown into such a gentle and sweet little baby girl. She is full of laughter and is beginning to show her own personality. Here are a few updates on Ella at 3 months old.


  • Ella had her first cold this past week, but has gotten through the worst of it. She loves to cuddle and sleep when she is sick. I found myself snuggling up to her every night in bed with our faces against each other. Cuddling every night in bed has become something I crave everyday when I get home. Before long, she'll be able to hug me back :)

  • Ella LOVES bath time. Each night when we get home, we take a bath. She sometimes holds Mr. Turtle or Mr. Crab and we always read our Rainbow Fish bath time book. Her new favorite thing is floating in the water and kicking her legs. She gets so excited!

  • Ella is still fascinated with her bouncer. She likes to hold the monkey and she spins the toucan.

  • Ella is still sleeping in her bassinet because her room is too cold this time of year. However, she's getting to be a little long :) Soon enough we may be moving the crib into mommy and daddy's bedroom. She sometimes takes her naps in her room though and loves watching her mobile.

  • Ella is becoming very strong. She likes to feel her feet hit the ground. She raises her head very well from her tummy position and will hopefully be rolling over soon. We have been practicing rolling off of mommy's belly to the bed. She giggles.

  • Mommy is wanting to pump less and supplement formula at least once a day, but Ella has decided she likes mommy's milk best. She refuses to eat the formula. The doctor said we can mix the breast milk with formula to see if this helps. I tried mixing it and she drank it, but she threw up again all night. I am thinking she might be allergic to the proteins in the formula. So, as for now we will keep pumping until the doctor gives us some suggestions.

  • Ella loves the Christmas tree. Whenever she decides to fuss, we take a trip to the tree and she just stares!

  • Ella also is becoming more of an avid t.v. watcher! I think she enjoys the t.v. more and more each day!
  • Ella enjoys doing cheers. We spell her name and move her arms. She has such fun doing this!
  • Ella's naps are becoming a little longer. Her morning nap is consistently 2 to 3 hours, her afternoon nap is anywhere from 30 min. to an hour and her evening nap is usually about an hour.
  • Ella is grabbing objects more often and now brings them to her mouth.
Mommy and daddy love Ella so much! We are very excited to see how she changes over the next three months.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Hi Sweetie,

It is hard to believe you are 3 months old. Before long you will be sitting up. You are a precious little girl and I love you very much.

I enjoyed our time together yesterday.

Love ya! Nanny Bramel

Ashley said...

Those Christmas pics are so cute! I am so happy for you all and your beautiful baby girl! I cannot believe she is three months!

Donovan said...

Ella,

Time has passed so fast. I can't believe you are already 3 months. Your are getting your own personality and starting to really look at all the things around you and enjoying them. You really liked my sock monkey ornament on my tree. I love you and I am so proud to be your Granny.

Love you,
Granny

Donovan said...

Ella,

Happy Birthday Ella. I can barely remember when I was 3 months old :).
I love you and really enjoy the time we share together.

Grandpa

Jackie said...

Ella,
Happy 3 months! You are growing so fast. I had a great time playing with you this week. I know Ava loves to see you too!

Jackie

Gina (Nana) said...

Happy Three Months Old Ella!

You are such a beautiful little girl, with a beautiful little personality. I look forward to each day that I get to spend with you. You are getting so big so quick,I love watching you grow.

I love you
Nana