Thursday, February 28, 2008

I love my Ella...

Of course I love Ella everyday all day, but there are some days when I am just overwhelmed by how much I truly love her.... like today. Ever since I picked her up this afternoon she has laughed at me and played with me and talked to me at the top of her lungs. I love how she communicates and is so intrigued by her mommy and daddy. I love her obsession with spitting bubbles and grabbing everything in sight. I love how she smacks the keyboard as I am typing and how she shivers involuntarily when she hates a new food. I love watching her enjoy things and discover new things. I love that she LOVES animals and cannot get close enough to them. I love that the first thing she does when she wakes up is smile and I love that when her daddy whistles she puts on a huge grin. I love that she looks for mommy when she magically disappears and I love that she cuddles so close each night. I love that she is almost always happy and loves bath time. I love that she is ticklish and laughs so hard she snorts. I love that she loves watching videos of her as a newborn and laughs at other small children. I love that she reminds me of Kermie when I stare at her and reminds me of myself at the same time. I love that she is mine and God made her so perfect. These are just a few reasons why I love my Ella Chase. I pray that she knows her mommy loves her each and every day.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

This is such a sweet post Brooke. I know Ella will love reading it one day.

It is amazing how much you can love your child. It is overwhelming sometimes. I feel exactly the same way about Ava:)

Jennifer said...

I cried when I read this..too sweet

Donovan said...

Brooke,

You really touched my heart with your post. Isn't it amazing how much we love our babies and want to protect them and how amazing it is to us when they do all the funny little things that all babies do but to us it is so special.

It makes it more clear how much your parents love you and how much we love our children when you have one of your own. There is no love like that of a mother and father, except the love of God.

We love Ella so much and yes she is a very special little baby.

We are so proud of you and Jamie and it is so special seeing you with Ella and the love you have for her.

Carla

Donovan said...

Brooke,

Ella does know that you love her and she loves you because you are her life and you gave her life. You and Jamie have been blessed by God and Ella is blessed to have you as her mom and dad.

Jack

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke,
You made me cry.But such a happy cry.
I love how much you love her.You and Kermie are wonderful parents. It is very rewarding watching both of you with her she knows how much you both love her.Sometimes that love is so strong you feel like your heart will burst,and it just keeps growing.

A mothers love is a very special love. I love you!
Mom

P.S.
Ella, Nana loves you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

aunt kim said...

Ok, it's my turn.
That was beautiful Jillyanne.
A mothers love is... so pure.
Dirty diapers can even make us proud!
I remember after I had Jessica, I had feelings of such great love that it actually scared me.
Always express your love TO her in this deep but so simple way.
Ella is blessed to have you!
I love you...Aunt Kim

P.S. Gina, you did good!

Phyllis said...

Brooke,

You are a very special grand
daughter. I love you so much. I am so happy God has blessed you with such a beautiful little girl. Ella is such a blessing to all the family.

Love,
Nanny Bramel

Ashley said...

So I am still crying- you are such a good mom and I know how much I love your sweet baby girl so I cannot fathom the way you feel about her.