Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was a wonderful weekend! We were able to celebrate Mother's Day with the family and it really did feel wonderful being a mom. Last year's Mother's Day was great because I was pregnant with Ella, but this year was so special actually having her and knowing her and her sweet little personality. She truly is a blessing and the most wonderful gift a mommy can have.

On Saturday, we celebrated with Kermie's family at Jackie and Geoff's house. Ava and Ella interacted a little more than they usually do. Ella tried pulling Ava's hat off of her head! It was funny watching her crawl around. Ava was busy walking and signing and just being the sweet little girl she is. Ella is very fortunate to have a cousin so close to her age to play with! We really enjoyed our time visiting! Happy Mother's Day Carla and Jackie!






Saturday afternoon, Kermie treated me to a shopping spree at the mall which was a wonderful treat! I got a few outfits for summer and Kermie and Ella watched me get excited about all the cute clothes! Thank you Kermie for being such a great husband! Ella you have a wonderful daddy!


On Sunday after church, we celebrated with my family. Bekah was not there due to tennis and Daniel was asleep because of a late night at prom, but the rest of us had a nice time. We ate and watched a movie. My mom is trying to teach me to cook mainly because I think she feels sorry for Kermie! I learned a few new things, but I still argue that it is just too hard to cook a meal after a day at school and tending to Ella! I guess I will have no excuse this summer! It's always nice to relax at the grandparents' house! Happy Mother's Day Mom!






7 comments:

Jackie said...

Brooke,
I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! The first Mother's Day is so special! I'm also glad you were able to come over on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to this summer so Ava and Ella can spend more time together!

Oh, and I think Ella looks so much like you in these pictures!!!!

mommyz3girlz said...

Very nice pictures, Brooke. You have a beautiful family.

Laura

Donovan said...

Brooke,

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I am also happy that I got to share your day with you on Saturday and then to go to church with you on Sunday.

I love you,
Jack

Ella,

You were such a good little girl Saturday and Sunday. I love you sweetheart!

Grandpa

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke
Im glad that you had a good mother's day. You are a wonderful mommy! I'm glad we got to end up spending mother's day together.

Miss Ella
I love the picture of you in the swing, it looks like you and Ava had a big day! You have a great mommy, you are a lucky little girl.
I love you and mommy. I'm so proud of you both!

Donovan said...

Ella,

You are such a special little girl. I am so thankful that I am your Granny. I love you sooooo much.

Brooke,

You are such a good mommy. Ella is very lucky to have you. I am also blessed to have you as a daughter in law. Jamie made a wise choice when he found you, and for this I am very thankful. I love you.

Carla

Phyllis said...

BROOKE YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER, ELLA IS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU FOR A MOTHER. I AM PROUD TO BE YOUR NANNY. I LOVE YOU, NANNY BRAMEL

aunt kim said...

Jillyanne,

I can tell by all the pictures you enjoyed Mothers' Day to the fullest! Enjoy it to the fullest now...because when they get older somehow they forget they have a mom on that day!
Hint:(L.K.S.)
Ella is adorable and so are you! I love ya sweetie.
Aunt Kim