Monday, May 26, 2008

Kermie's Birthday and Memorial Day Fun

On Memorial Day, we spent most of our time at mom and dad's house. Kermie had to work the first half of the day, so Ella and I went to Nana's to enjoy the beautiful weather. She was able to play in her new pool and she loved it. Jackie had given me Ava's old bathing suit she and I had picked out at Babys-R-Us so it was fun getting to see her wear it. She looked so cute! I tried to get a little sun since I haven't seen any in forever! Things sure do change when you have kids. It's amazing how last summer I sat by the pool with not a care in the world and this summer I will be in the pool chasing Ella around and putting sunscreen on every few minutes. I felt so proud of her today. She's getting so big and very animated. Mommy world is great, but I did enjoy the time my mom gave me to lay by myself today--thanks Nana. Here are a few pictures of our day.







This past weekend we celebrated Kermie's 27th birthday with our families. His birthday is not actually until tomorrow, so we'll have to celebrate again tomorrow! This is the first time he has let me invite people over to celebrate so I was very excited. We ate yummy food and sat around and talked like usual. I think he had a good time and hopefully everyone else did too. Ella refused to take her nap, so she enjoyed visiting with everyone and getting into everything. Her teeth still have not came through so I blame her sleeplessness and fussiness on them. I just wish they'd hurry up! Kermie ended up getting a Zune (which has occupied his attention since), a case to keep it in, some money and candy that he has already eaten! I think he did pretty good! Hope you had a wonderful birthday Kermie! I love you. I have posted the few pictures I took of the party. I have no idea why I only took a few pictures, but I hope you enjoy the ones I did take.


9 comments:

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
You look so cute in your two piece bathing suit. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your pool,I hope that we will get alot of use out of it.I love you so much!!!!
Mommy your welcome, I remember how it feels just to want a little sun time alone.

Kermie
I hope you had a good birthday party,and that you enjoyed your ribs. Remember to ask Brooke for your card tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Jackie said...

Brooke,
I love the way the blog looks! Ella looks so cute in her bikini! We just got Ava a pool like that too. Some alone time in the sun sounds so nice!

Happy Birthday Jamie!

Donovan said...

Ella,

I love your new pictures. You look so cute in your bathing suit. It looks like you had a lot of fun at Nana's. I enjoyed spending time with you on Sunday and with all the family.

Happy B'day Jamie!

Granny

Donovan said...

Ella,

You are so cute in your bathing suit. It was fun seeing you Sunday at your Daddy's birthday party. I love you. Jamie happy birthday, I am so proud of you! I love you!

Grandpa (Dad)

mommyz3girlz said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!

Ella, you look absolutely adorable in your pictures...you are so cute!)

Laura

Donovan said...

Rob,

Do you want to race your John Deere against my Cub Cadet? :)

Jack

Gina (Nana) said...

Jack
Rob said no contest, he would leave you in the his dust:) :)

Donovan said...

That's funny Gina. I guess I better not race then because I don't want to get my new mower dusty. :)

Ashley said...

I LOVE the bathing suit! She has such a sweet personality! You are such a good mommy, and I'm glad you love it so much!