Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Milestone for Mommy and Daddy



This weekend was a fun one for all of us here at the Donovan house. Ella continues to say mommy and got to visit with lots of fun people at Sejla's shower. She really had fun especially chewing on the drawers, but wasn't too thrilled with Ryan! She is not real into men these days! She took a recored 2 hour nap and loved tearing up all of Sejla's tissue paper. Mommy and Daddy got to spend the night out (the whole night!!) with Lynsie and Robert since they are moving on Saturday! :( It was fun and I was so proud of both Kermie and I. We thought we were going to pick her up on our way home, but decided to play tennis at 11 and didn't get home until 12:30. So, Ella spent the whole night with Nana and did a great job! Kermie and I enjoyed our time and Grandpa Rob and Nana enjoyed theirs. It was so great coming to get her this morning and seeing a big smile on her face when I walked in the door. This was the first time Kermie and I have had a whole night to ourselves in 8 1/2 months! It was lovely!

On another note, I have 4 days of school left! YAY! But I start graduate school tomorrow night from 4:50 until 8:20 three nights a week. This week will be hard still being in school, but it will be wonderful next week when I'm off! Oh the joys of being a teacher! I cannot wait for a fun-filled summer with my sweet baby Ella!

5 comments:

Donovan said...

Ella,

I'm glad you had fun at Nana's and Grandpa Rob's house. You were a good baby and your mommy and daddy got to have fun with their friends.

I love you,
Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

You were such a big girl staying with Nana. I am glad that you had a good time. I am sure your Nana enjoyed the time with you. I am sure mommy and daddy had a good time with Robert and Lindsey. I love you sweetie and will see you on Wednesday.

Granny

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
Grandpa and I enjoyed having you for the night very much. You are such a good baby. Next time we will have to work on the sleeping arrangements :) I love You Ella!!

Brooke and Kermie
Thank you for letting us have her for the night. I'm glad that the two of you can go and have fun like you do, that is so important!
I love you both.

Brooke, just 3 more days!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Brooke,
That is great that you only have 3 days left!! I'm sure you will LOVE all the time you get to spend with Ella this summer. I'm looking forward to getting the girls together and doing fun stuff:)

Jackie

Phyllis said...

Ella

Have fun with mommy this summer. I will miss you on Thursdays. Stop by and visit with me and GrandBubby when you are in town.

Brooke it was good for you and Kermie to have time together. Make it happen more often. You have lots of good sitters just waiting to lend a hand.

Love Nanny Bramel