Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm a little Ella, Short and Small...

Today was Ella's 9 month checkup with Dr. Q. And, we have reached a consensus that Ella is going to be petite all around. She had gained a little over 2 lbs. and now weighs 17 lbs. 7.2 oz. She had also grown over 2 inches and now measures 27.25 inches. She is 25% for both weight and height. Dr. Q said she is growing terrificly weight wise for her height and her activeness. She also said that having petite build parents contributes to her growth.
Dr. Q also said the feeding routine that she is on is great. We will start her formula in the sippy a little before I go back to school to see how she does with that. And, we will continue introducing table food a little at a time. I brought up the whole milk intolerance issue again and she said to introduce milk ingredients when we feel comfortable to see how she does with it. She said that she can stay on her soy formula until she is 15 months old and then we can switch to Soy milk if that is necessary. She said most babies outgrow the intolerance by two but we will never know if we don't try. If she doesn't out grow it, we'll have to be very cautious about what she eats (not that I am not already a lunatic about it :) ) So, probably one day in the near future I will try a small amount of something with whey or casein way down in the ingredient list.
As far as naps go, she is right on track with those as well. This summer she is on a very predictive schedule. She wakes up around 7 goes back down around 8. Sleeps until 9:45. Dr. Q said this isn't really a nap so not to count it. She goes back down around 11 or 11:30 until 12 or 12:30 and then takes one last nap around 2 or 3. So, basically she is getting 2 naps a day and should stay that way until a year at least. Ella is so flexible though and I am so thankful for that! On days like today where we are gone during nap times she goes down at other times. She took a nap for Carla today later than normal and when we got home around 4:45 she went right to sleep! On the other hand, she will more than likely go to bed later!!
So basically, Ella is growing perfectly and is one of the most flexible babies I have ever seen. I am guessing that since she has been such an easy baby and gave her mommy such a terrific pregnancy, she is going to be one of those terrible twos you hear about! Let's pray otherwise!

4 comments:

Donovan said...

Ella,

I enjoyed seeing you today. You were a good baby, as always.

I love you,
Grandpa

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
I like your new picture on the blog. You look so serious :) I'm glad that you had a good Dr. visit today. I guess your gonna be our little petite girl. I will see you later.I love you!

Nana

Donovan said...

Ella,

I enjoyed seeing you today. You are such a good girl. I love your new picture. You are such a pretty girl. I am glad you had a good ck up with Dr Q.
I love you!

Granny

Jackie said...

Ella,
I'm glad your check up went well! Hopefully I will see you tomorrow. If not, I will see you Friday!