Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ella and Grayson's Room

I am proud to say that the "nursery/big girl" room is nearly complete! It was quite a task, but so rewarding to see it all come together! I hope that Grayson and Ella will both enjoy it and enjoy being with each other until we move in the next year or so!

Just so you know, Ella's quilt on her bed was the inspiration for the entire room. I wanted her to still have a "girly" room, but for Grayson (although he will have absolutely no idea) to have a masculine touch as well. Her quilt allowed us to keep the pinks and greens, but tie in browns and yellows and oranges as well!


The flower pots were already in Ella's old room, but only had pink dots. I kept some pink, but added a few brown and green dots. The mural was painted by Kermie and is one of the trees off of her quilt. He is almost finished. There are a few flowers that still need to be added! I happen to think he did a fabulous job! :)


I know this isn't a "great" picture, but one of the greatest tasks of the room was providing enough space for both Ella's stuff and Grayson's stuff. It turns out that Ella got to keep the majority of the closet space and Grayson took over the dresser. Ella's bed having two drawers and her new cubical organizer really helped out!


One of the best moments over the past two years has been getting Ella's toys out of our living room and into her room. We made a toy closet that kept our living room from looking like a toy store! I was worried that we'd have to get rid of the toy closet in order to make room for Grayson's stuff, but as for now... we get to keep it! We had to put several toys in the living room, but there are still lots for both of them to play with in their new room. Ella obviously loves it!


This is Grayson's bed. I looked for big letters like Ella's, but could never find all of the letters in his name! So, I actually saved lots of money and used stencils instead!


This is what you see when you walk into their room.


Ella's big girl bed and inspiration for the room! My nanny made new curtains and I made a headboard to tie in the fabric.


Ella's girlie corner of the room. This cubical came in more handy than I thought it would!


Grayson's corner and diaper station! I'd still like to find a dust ruffle to go around the bottom of his crib, but unfortunately one did not come with his bedding.


The once dark pink, light pink, and green stripes are now brown, tan and white :) And, I could not part with the pink rug or pink light fixture! I got such a good deal on both of them the first time around! :)
So, there you have it! Ella is already enjoying her room and Grayson will be in just 2 or 3 weeks! :) All we are missing is a baby boy!







5 comments:

Mama Smors said...

i love it! :) i already commented on facebook, but i just had to comment again. i always loved ella's nursery and i couldn't wait to see how you all redecorated to make room for your prince. it looks great!! you are SO close- how was your 37 week appt?

Brooke said...

Thanks Sarah! It was fun getting to change everything again! :) My appointment went well. I was 1 to 2 cm. dialted, but hadn't thinned much. We are just waiting in anticipation now :) Are you guys just tickled to death for your new addition??

Amber said...

I love it too!!!!!!!!!! I think it is a great mix of femininity and masculinity. You have an eye for decorating for sure!!

Nicole said...

What a great room! I'm very impressed with the mural! We're doing wall decals for Bailey's new big girl room...because neither of us are artsy :)

Lauren said...

The room really turned out great! I love the stripes and how well everything matches Ella's bedding. I love looking at decor in magazines and such.