Friday, October 1, 2010

Grayson at 8 weeks

Today marks Grayson's 2 month birthday, so I thought I'd post a few pictures from today and give everyone an update on how the big boy is doing.
  • First and foremost, Grayson is a super happy baby! He only cries when mommy isn't fast enough with the food or his tummy hurts.
  • Grayson has been a terrific sleeper from day one! I had expected the worst since Ella was also a good sleeper, but God has blessed me with two! He hasn't made it a full night yet, but goes to bed around 8 or 9 and doesn't wake up until around 2 am. He falls right back to sleep after eating and wakes up again around 6. We eat and then go right back to sleep until 9ish and then are up for the day. Life may be tough when I go back to work in a week!
  • My baby loves to eat! We had started him on Similac Advance which is a milk based formula, but while at the hospital we noticed him not tolerating it very well. Before coming home we switched to Isomil and all was good! I wasn't about to go through the torment we went through with poor Ella (You can read all about it in my earlier blogs). She would throw up all the time even after breastfeeding and the doctors swore it was reflux (and maybe a little was). When we tried regular formula when I stopped pumping, she threw up so much that I thought she was going to die. I have never been so scared in all my life! So long story short, I'm by passing the tummy aches and milk intolerance and playing it safe this time around. My babies have super sensitive tummies and get it from their daddy. Any who, Grayson loves his bottle and drinks 5 ounces every 3 to 4 hours during the day.
  • Grayson loves to be talked to! He will smile when you talk to him and loves hearing Ella sing to him. She usually chooses Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Rock A Bye Baby.
  • I am loving all of Grayon's grins and coos. Hearing him talk is the highlight of my day!
  • Grayson has found his hands and chews on them more than he sucks his paci now days. Don't get me wrong though... he LOVES his paci!
  • We don't have our 2 month check up until the end of the month, but did go for an appointment last week to check on his Thrush and tummy. He weighed in at a few ounces short of 12 pounds and was 21 inches! Such a big boy! :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like things are going great. He is a cutie!!

Ashley said...

What a sweetie...it goes so fast!

Lauren said...

Love the little video of him. I can't wait for smiles and coos. It is crazy, sad how fast the time goes by!