Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh, how I LOVE teaching!


So, this past week was my first week back at work! I have to admit that waking up each morning at 5:00 am was not pleasant, but being back in the classroom definitely was! My kiddos welcomed me back with a surprise party Monday afternoon which I thought was super sweet! On Friday, we had our KCCT awards assembly and invited our middle school students back who were distinguished so it was fun getting to see those kids. My class this year seems very sweet and they are incredibly smart! I can't wait to see how much we learn this year and get to know each and every one of them.

Ella and Grayson did great with the change. Ella had a few little bits where she would talk about me going back to work and not being able to stay at home with her, but I really think she was excited about getting to play with new toys! haha Kermie was off work Monday, so my first day was easy as they were all sleeping when I left. Ella woke up every other morning ready to go. She talked my ear off on the way each day! Kermie is taking them to mom's house on Fridays so that is nice too! I was defnitely gone each day when the bell rang and will continue to be in order to get in some play time each afternoon! I definitely didn't miss the whole rush to get the bag packed for the next day, baths, supper, and house cleaned while I was off, but we will survive! I feel blessed to be able to have what I have: a family to come home to and love and a job that fills my heart with joy!


4 comments:

Mama Smors said...

so glad that you had a good week back!! i am excited to see my little second grade faces in 6 more weeks but enjoying the time with these baby girl faces for now :)
i may need to ask advice on how you manage double baths, bags packed, dinner fed, etc -- that is what i am worried about!

Nicole said...

Glad your first week back was good!

Jackie said...

So glad you had a great first week!

Ashley said...

So glad the transition is going smoothly! And Sarah, you just get into a routine every night, and Drew and I split the work with the packing and getting ready for the next day!