Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pulling Up and Strangers

Ella is in a phase right now where she would much rather pull herself up to a sitting position or standing position (with the help of someones fingers of course) than roll over at all. I know she can roll over because she has done it many times, but all she ever wants to do is sit up (almost all by herself) or stand. If this is any indication as to when she will walk or stand, it will more than likely be early! But you never know! It is amazing how strong she is getting.

I never thought the day would come when Ella would prefer one person over another being that she is always around people and has up until this point been very pleasant around all sorts of strange people. But the time has come for her to know who she wants and who she doesn't or at least know who she is used to and who she is not used too. In fact, at my mom's shop the other night one of her clients was holding her and when Ella saw that it was not her Nana who was holding her she made the most pitiful face and started to cry! This is not the first time she has been caught off guard by a strange face! Once again it is amazing how much she is learning and how her personality is beginning to develop.

Here are some recent pictures of Ella. And, by the way, I was never able to scan the Portrait Innovation pictures onto the blog. For some reason it would not upload those pictures:(

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Ella,
You are growing so fast. Soon you will be able to sit up on your own. As far as the stranger thing goes I am pretty sure most babies go through that! It hit Ava at around 4 months and then again really bad around 8 months.

Love you,
Jackie

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella,

You are becoming such a big girl. You will soon be rolling around so much we won't be able to keep up with you. I am so glad to be home I missed you so much. I'm glad that you did not forget me. You are so special to Nana. I love you very, very much!
Nana

Katelyn said...

I LOVE YOU LIL' BEE,
NANA DID MISS YOU WHILE ON VACATION IN SANIBEL.SHE KISSED YOUR PICTURE AND LEFT LIPSTICK MARKS ON YOUR FACE, I THOUGHT YOU HAD BOO-BOO'S UNTIL NANA TOLD ME IT WAS HER KISS! WHEN YOU GET OLDER AUNT KIM WILL TELL YOU WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN SANIBEL! YOUR NANA IS A PARTY ANIMAL! SO IS YOUR AUNT KIM AND AUNT JILL! LOVE YOU BEE!
AUNT KIM

Donovan said...

Ella,

I love you and miss when I do not get to see you. This has been a busy week for me but I hope to see you soon. You are growing up so fast.

Love,
Grandpa

Donovan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donovan said...

Ella,

You are getting so big and doing so many new things. I loved being with you Wednesday. You are such a sweetie. I hope you are feeling better. I prayed for you because you have such a hard time breathing and I know you don't feel too good.

I know how Nana must have worried that you would forget her. I did the same with Ava when I would not see her for a week, but somehow you always do and it makes us very happy.

Love you,
Granny

Phyllis said...

Hi Sweetie,

Nanny is always wondering if you will cry when you see me on Thursdays, but so far you have that precious little smile for me.

Kisses and hugs for you Ella until next Thursday. xoxoxoxoxo

Love Nanny

Ashley said...

those pics are soooo cute!!