Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ella Update

Well, Ella is on the move and is learning like crazy. After spending an entire week with her, I discovered all sorts of new things about her and new things that she can do. Here are a few of the things I have noticed within the past week.
  • Ella is beginning to crawl. She gets up on her hands and knees, rocks back and forth, but falls when she tries to move forward. Instead, she scoots and goes around in circles.
  • Ella says "dada, baba, yaya" all the time and I have heard an occassional "na" and "ma". She's extremely vocal these days.
  • Ella is beginning to throw fits. She knows exactly what she wants and doesn't want and now likes to cry when she doesn't get her way. I usually laugh which I shouldn't do because it will only get worse!
  • Ella wakes up every night now anywhere from 2 to 3 and cries until I put her in the bed with me. I have tried letting her fuss, but she cries to the point of tears! I just cannot do it! We are moving her crib back into her room soon, so hopefully that will help??
  • Ella is doing much better with her naps. She typically takes a nap after she has been up for two hours. It's like clockwork. When the up for two hour point hits, she starts the rubbing eyes, etc. She does take her naps in her crib :)
  • Ella has had chocolate soy pudding and loves it! I tried giving her the pasta dinner, but she hated that. I don't know if it's a texture thing or not.
  • Ella's hair is starting to come in a little blonder now. I don't think it will be white like her daddy's but maybe a little more blonde than mine was.
  • Ella is starting to imitate now. She will do things that I do and seems to listen when I tell her how to do something. She even gives kisses if you're lucky!

I will try to post some video of her crawling efforts and talking later this week.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

You are growing so fast Ella. I know your mommy really enjoyed this week with you and she is looking forward to all summer with you!

mommyz3girlz said...

It is so exciting when they learn new things!

Donovan said...

Ella,

You are growing up so fast. I liked seeing you today.

I love you,
Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

You are doing all the things mommy says and trying to do more. I was very surprised today to see all the new things you are doing. You are a very strong little girl and getting around quite well and as mommy says you are very very vocal. Today you squealed as loud as Ava maybe even louder. You are such fun and so sweet. I love you and enjoyed spending the day with you.

Granny

Ashley said...

I was amazed at how much she is changing last night! It was fun to interact with her. You are such a good mommy!

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
You are such a sweet heart. I love all of your new sounds. Now that you have da da down we are going to have to work on ma ma,granny,nanny and nana :) I love you sweetie see you tomorrow!