Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break with Nana: movies, toys, & food= FUN!



This afternoon, Ella's Nana and I decided we would be a little adventurous and take Ella to see her very first movie. We were both a little nervous, but she did great! I think she even enjoyed it! We ended up going to the Movie Tavern in Lexington to see Nim's Island. Ella took her nap for the first part of the movie and then watched the rest. The Movie Tavern has a very laid back atmosphere so it is perfect for kids. We sat in the chairs that move so we could have more room and rock if necessary. We also ate a yummy lunch.


When Nana came to visit, she brought Ella a funny little chicken that sings and dances. Ella absolutely loved the chicken!

Because Ella is very intolerant to dairy and is beginning to get bored with her baby food, we took a trip to Whole Foods in Lexington to see what kinds of fun things we could get for her to eat. We ended up finding lots of yummy things like chocolate soy pudding, Tofu smoothie mix, lots of Vegan baby food, soy cheese for macaroni and cheese in the blender and some dairy free teething cookies. She sucked on the cookie in the store and seemed to really enjoy it!

Earlier this week, Ella, Nana and I went to Lexington for lunch. We ended up eating at Ruby Tuesday and Ella tried eating the lettuce off of the salad bar. We weren't quick enough to get a picture of her snatching the lettuce, but did manage this one in the high chair.

Last, but not least, Ella got to spend a few hours at Nana's this week while mommy was not feeling well. When mommy fails, Nana saves the day!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Ella,
I am so glad you got some vegan food to eat! I am sure you will love it. I know I do! I love Whole Foods!

Donovan said...

Ella,

What a big girl you are going to the movies. I am glad you were a good girl.

I like your new chicken. It's really neat. I am glad you have had a good week with mommy and daddy and Nana. You are a special little girl.

I think you had a good time with Ava too! I think she likes playing with you.

I love you,
Granny

Donovan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donovan said...

Ella,

What a fun week you had. You are such a good baby! I've seen the previews for the movie you saw, it looks like it would be very good.

I love you,
Grandpa

Brooke,

I hope you are feeling better.

Love you,
Jack

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
Nana has had a fun week with you.
You were such a good baby at at movies. We will have to do this again.I'm glad that you like your talking chicken,mommy and daddy will want to give him back to me soon I'm sure :)
I'll be sad that mommy has to go back to work Monday. But we have all summer! I love you and Mommy so much!

Nana