Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love You

One of the phrases I have been hoping Ella would learn how to say is "I Love You" because I tell her a million plus times a day and to hear it back would just melt my heart. So, sparatically I ask her "do you love mommy" and earlier this month she would reply "mommy" which in her language means yes. Then at some point last week I asked "her do you love mommy" and she said "yes" which is an even bigger step. I guess it was over the weekend or towards the end of the week when she actually put it all together and decided to say "love you mommy" and then put her head on my chest and said "awww"!! Tonight I called her from school before my graduate class and she said "love you mommy" several times during our crazy phone converstaion.  My heart has definitely melted.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

That is precious. I am looking forward to hearing Caleb tell me he loves me too. He is giving kisses when I ask and that is a treat!

Doodles-N-Dots said...

How precious! I'm getting excited about the tiniest smile coming my way from miss Emmie Kate...I can't even imagine what it will be like for her to say "I love you". Ella is such a doll!

Nicole said...

So sweet! Bailey has said I love you a couple of times and has decided to stop saying it...so now we ask her, "How much do you love mommy, daddy, grammy, etc" and she stretches her arms out and says "much!" which of course means "this much" :)

Donovan said...

Those are great moments and memories!!!

Jack

Jackie said...

It is the best feeling!

Mama Smors said...

that is sweet!! i know your heart had to be extra melted because you had a LONG day with work then class. ella loves you so much!

Gina (Nana) said...

SO SO SWEET!!!