Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break

So most everyone knows that I LOVE being a teacher.  I love the job itself, the kids, setting and reaching goals and the relationships I get to build with my kiddos.  After being off this week, as with all the other breaks I get,  I have an even greater appreciation for my job!  

Ella and I had a really great time together this week and I am thinking she may have a little trouble getting back into routine next week considering we have stayed up WAY past our bedtime every night, slept in every morning, have had no agenda, took naps when we felt like, played to our hearts content, snuggled, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!  

On Monday we played around the house and took some walks (althought I don't remember exactly)!  We love to walk around town and have mini photoshoots!  I cleaned the house which is nice because I normally try to fit it in on the weekends or at night when I get home.  There is nothing better than having an entire day to clean! Nana also came by on her way to work like she usually does :)


On Tuesday, Jackie and Ava came over for a playdate in Sadieville.  



On Wednesday, Ella, Nana and I went to the Fayette Mall for some much needed shopping!  I did not get any pictures, but can tell you we shopped until we dropped.  Ella got a new polkadot rain coat, a dressy coat for Easter, and a few things for her Easter basket.  Nana got a cute purple sweat outfit and some shorts.  Mommy got two sweatsuits, an outfit for Easter, and a raincoat.  I also stopped by Between Friends to pick up a monogrammed shirt I had ordered for Ella. We were all exhausted on the way home!
 
Ella, Shelby, and I headed to Jackie's house for a playdate on Thursday!  "Ella is my best friend," said Ava. I'm sure if Ella could string together all of those words she would say the same :)




Anna and Abigail came over Friday for a playdate.  We did all sorts of crafts and then Kermie took us all to Gattitown for lunch and games!  After Kermie left for drill we headed out to eat with Granny and Papa!  


What a great week!  Only 9 left until summer officially begins :)

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I had fun with you while you were off and I know Ava did too! I can't wait until summer! Wish you were off all the time:)

Donovan said...

Ella,

I enjoyed seeing you Friday!I love you!!!

Papa

Mama Smors said...

sounds like you had a great week off! love the new spring time blog background!! :)

Donovan said...

Ella,

You are growing up so fast. You are learning so many new things and talking so much more. You are such a sweet little girl. I love all the hugs and kisses you give. You are so very special to me and I love you very much.

I am so glad you had such a fun week. I know you and Mommy will be glad when summer comes and you can spend so much time together.

I love you sweetie,
Granny

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
What a busy week you had. You and mommy had so much fun! I will be glad when mommy is off for summer break too.

I can tell that your mommy is a teacher,you have learned alot of new words and things this week :) It is nice being able to have a little conversation with you,even if I don't understand it all sometimes :) I love you pumpkin, see you in the morning.

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke
I like the new blog :)

Nicole said...

Ava saying Ella was her best friend is the sweetest thing ever!!! Looks like you had a really fun week. While I couldn't do your job, I do envy your perks :)

Terri T said...

looks like you had fun! PS I love the new background!