Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Beautiful Day

All week long I have been extremely excited about this weekend, mainly because of the weather and the fact that we have absolutely nothing going on.  I figured it would be the perfect time to get a few things done to the house that need to be finished.  

Kermie, Ella and I all woke up this morning (to no alarm clock) and  made plans to spend the day working outside because it was gorgeous.  Just as Ella and I were getting out of bed, Kermie headed to Lowes to pick up a few things for our day of work out in the yard and returned with a turtle sand box for Ella.  She absolutely loved it!  I think her favorite thing was hiding her feet and then finding them.  She kept saying "Daddy, touch it!"  The sandbox was a wonderful distractor so that Kermie and I could get some things done without Ella running away!

Before 11 we had already moved all the fire wood to the back of the house.  I learned how to use Kermie's cement board cutter and enjoyed getting to help him with the siding.  While he was hammering away, I planted two new shrubs where the fire wood use to set.  It will be wonderful when the side of our yard is usable once again. :)

Around Ella's nap time, Kermie took her in for a quick bath and let me stay outside to enjoy the sunshine!  It was amazing.  I was able to read a few magazines and got to soak up some sun.  I can't remember the last time I actually set out in the sun!  When I came in Ella was asleep and Kermie was on his way :)  

We decided to go to church tonight so that we could work outside again tomorrow, but neither of us actually got to enjoy the sermon!  Ella was too loud to keep in the sanctuary and when I took her to the nursery she was not having it.  I think coming back to Southland has made our successful nursery visits obsolete.  First of all, she is not used to being left with anyone other than family, we have not been consistent in our attendance, and she is having her first major bout of separation anxiety.  I guess I will have to start staying for a while with her until she becomes familiar with her new surroundings.  

After church we headed to our old favorite, Jalapenos, for dinner and then took Ella to Triangle Park to see the water falls.  She loved the falls and danced around for quite some time.  



Weekends like this one make me so thankful for the sun, my hubby and sweet Ella.

4 comments:

Mama Smors said...

Ivy and Ella could have played together in the nursery. It is so hard to leave them in that anxious stage! We have good weeks and bad weeks :) I like Ella's sandals!

Nicole said...

I love the picture of her dancing! We tried to get those exact sandals but they didn't have any in Bailey's size, they're so cute!

Ashley said...

I love the warm weather and everything we get to do with it! So nice to soak in some sun too!

Lauren said...

I totally understand the nursery drama. Caleb is fine with all of the people that watch him, but still has issues after 6 months of being in the nursery. We just keep trying each week.