Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ella's 6 Month Birthday!

Today is Ella's 6 month birthday! It is crazy to think that she is already six months old. It is even more crazy thinking about how much she has changed since September 14th. She has gotten so smart, so strong, so beautiful and so funny! Everyone always says time flies by and it really does. I always try to keep in mind that she will only be this age once, so I'm trying my best to cherish every moment we have. I am looking so forward to this summer and getting to spend all day every day with her :)

Ella went to the doctor for her check up this afternoon. Being the worrisome mother I tend to be, I took a list of questions and got lots of answers that a first time mom just isn't sure about. Dr. Q said Ella is eating great! She is allowed to try second foods now, but steer clear of any with cow milk proteins. I will be reading labels carefully! As far as testing to see if Ella has a true allergy to dairy, Dr. Q said you don't typically test until 2 years. So, we can either test things as we go or not. I say not! She said if Ella is only intolerant she should out grow the symptoms as she grows. Dr. Q also said as long as she gets 20 oz. of formula she will be getting everything she needs. Ella usually has quite a bit more than that! :) Dr. Q said Ella is growing wonderfully. She weighed in at 15lbs. 6.6oz. (49%). She measured 25.5in. (49%). She is a very good combination of Kermie and I because he was always under and I was way above (in weight) :) Dr. Q didn't seem too worried about Ella's naps. She said some babies are just not nappers. She also hinted that Ella should be putting her self asleep for the majority of the time. Her Nana did not like that! :) Last but most definitely not least, Ella got 3 more shots today. She cried quite a bit longer than last time. I expect it will only get worse the older she gets! Ella was a nut before the shots! She got carried away kissing herself and dancing with herself in the mirror. Everyone thought she was hysterical!


Here are a few interesting tidbits about Ella at 6 months:
  • Ella's favorite lullaby is still Jesus Loves Me.

  • Ella's favorite fruit is bananas. Her favorite vegetable is sweet potatoes.

  • Ella drinks from her sippy. She does a weird thing with her nose at the same time she drinks.

  • Ella likes to play peek-a-boo.

  • Ella sits up by herself and is beginning to catch herself when she falls.

  • Ella splashes in the tub.

  • Ella loves being outside! She is very nosey.

  • Ella loves when her daddy whistles.

I posted a few pictures of Ella this week. Some are from her day with Granny, Jackie and Ava. Some are from Nanny's. Some are from her time with Nana. And, some are from the doctor visit. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Thanks everyone for always capturing Ella's day for me! :)

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy 6 month birthday Ella!

Brooke,
I'm glad Dr. Q answered all your questions!

Donovan said...

Ella,

Happy Birthday! I love watching you grow but sorry for you that you have to get shots.

I love you,
Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

Happy 6 month birthday. You are getting so big. I am sorry you had to get shots today but you had one of the best nurses to give them. Granny had to have Needles today too. I had nerve testing on my hand and arm and it hurt too.

I love all your pictures. You had a busy week but you enjoyed socializing with the family. You are a very special girl to all of us. I love you sweetie.

Granny

Gina (Nana) said...

Happy 6 month birthday Beautiful girl! We had a very busy week did'nt we. But I think you enjoyed all of it.Nana hated watching you get your shots,Granny had the right idea not watching :)

I like all of your pictures this week ,it shows what a busy week you had! Everyone loves you so much Ella you are a very blessed little girl.(I really like the pic of you and grandbubby :)

I love you Ella!

Nana

aunt kim said...

Hey lil' Bee,

Today was fun! I am glad us girls got together for Nanny's birthday.
Your mommy is right, you are nosey!
Haylie talked about you after Nana dropped us off at Nannys'. She took pictures of you in your carseat today while we were on our way to Lexington, I will post them soon. She loves you, I think she wondered how you fitted into her Mimi's life! (she showed off today for attention!)
I will see you again next Friday at IHops for my birthday.
I love you.
Aunt Kim

Phyllis said...

Hi Ella,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (6 MONTHS)........

I LOVE YOU.......................

NANNY BRAMEL.....................