Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fussiness and a sunday with mommy.

The past four or five days Ella has been a little fussy. I thought maybe she was teething, but I'm not sure. That's the hard part about being a mommy... you just never really know. Ella is not one to cry or fuss really, but she has definitely done her share of both the past few days. She has not been wanting her bottle as much and has wanted to sleep a lot. In fact, it is 6:00 and she is already asleep!! She did the same thing last night (could have something to do with the time change though??) I just hope she is getting enough sleep during the day. She never really sleeps for long periods of time during the day and if she does it is never consistent. I think a lot of it might have to do with not being at the same place every day of the week. I am going to try out a new schedule with her this week in order to get her eating around the same time we eat and also try to get her to take more regular naps. I think I might stress about this too much, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing for her as she grows. So for the record, since this serves as a second baby book her "hopefully" new schedule is as follows:

6ish: Bottle and/or cereal
NAP
10ish: Bottle #2
NAP
12ish: Lunch time (veggies, fruit and sippy)
2ish: Bottle #3
NAP
5:30ish: Dinner time (veggies, fruit) and Bottle #4
6ish: Bath time!!
7ish: Bed time!!

I'm going to give this a while and then I will let you know how things are going! By the way, Ella's 6 month birthday is Friday!

Today Kermie had to finish one of his hardwood floor jobs, so Ella and I played around all day. We managed a trip to Wal-mart for some groceries and then came home and played with her toys in her nursery. We haven't really been able to spend a lot of time in her nursery with it being so cold, but today it felt great with the sun shining in. We took lots of pictures too, some of them silly. I posted a few for you to see.







10 comments:

Jackie said...

Brooke,
I think your schedule looks good. Hopefully it will work for you:) I looked back at my blog after we talked on the phone today and between 4 and 5 months I really complained about Ava's naps...she took small naps all day long. By 5-6 months I said things were getting better. She was still taking 3 naps a day. Around 7 months I said her naps and schedule were great and she was taking 2 good naps a day (one morning and one afternoon). Hope that helps. I know it is hard not to stress over everything. I did the same thing. But, when I look back everything works out and I really shouldn't have worried about it so much. Ella will help you figure out what works for her and you can work around that. It sounds like she is getting the sleep she needs because she is sleeping all night and is not fussy all the time. I think the food schedule is great so she can get used to eating meals with you and Jamie. I am sure by around 7 months you will se a clear set schedule that she follows and I know that will make you feel better!

It sounds like she may be teething! Ava's teeth starting coming in at 5 1/2 months. I've got pictures of them coming in on my blog.

Ella,
You look so cute sitting up! I'm glad you got to enjoy your nursery. It's so cute. I am sure you will spend lots of time in it when the weather warms up.

Jennifer said...

I honestly dont think I have ever seen a cuter nursery!
Ella is getting so big :) She looked too cute in her snow suit the other day.

Brooke said...

Jackie,
Thanks for all the encouragement! I really do worry about everything and probably drive everyone crazy. I'm just glad I'm not the only one! I hope the schedule works out okay and I am anxious to see if she is really teething. She will be so funny with teeth! I'm sure you felt the same with Ava :)

Jenn,
Thanks for the compliments on the nursery. We had so much fun doing it! It is my favorite room in our house by far. I will be so glad when she can enjoy it more :) Hope you stayed warm with all the snow.

Donovan said...

Brooke,

You are doing a great job as a mom. I know this must be stressful for you and Jamie although it's hard for me to remember details when Jackie and Jamie were that age (I'm sure Carla remembers more than I do, Moms tend to remember those things).

Try not to stress too much. I know Ella appreciates the attention and concern but she doesn't want her Mommy to worry.

Ella,

I hope you feel better soon and if you are teething I can't wait to see those pearly whites. I love you!

Grandpa (Jack)

Jennifer said...

I didnt have to stay warm...I just went to Florida :) I am blogging from WaterColor Florida (near Destin), and couldnt be happier about it!

Brooke said...

Jen,
I'm so jealous! Is it spring break for you? Bring the sunshine back with you please!

Donovan said...

Ella,

I love your new pictures. You look so pretty in them. Your eyes are such a pretty blue.

Brooke,

You are doing a good job as a mommy. Ella is doing great. It's good to have a schedule but sometimes it has to be adjusted to the baby's needs. She will let you know if she is hungry or sleepy before the scheduled time. You have to be a little flexible at times and it will all work out. Ella is a very healthy and happy baby.

Carla

Brooke said...

Kim couldn't post, but wanted me to copy this in :)

Jillyanne,
I just love your"ish" it reminds me of my Jessica-ish! It is ashame
that you two can't hang out together and raise your babies. She use to get so beside herself at times I felt like I needed to run up to Louisville to double check so she could have "peace of mind" over her babies. You are doing a wonderful job taking care of your baby girl. Just rely on your God given maternal instinct and everything will work itself out. If you still feel uncertain call your mama and tell her to get her butt to your house a.s.a.p!

Looking at Lil'Bee's pictures made me tear up. I could see you looking at me through her eyes. I hope to get to see her this Friday.
I want her to know me as her Aunt Kim. I want her to smile when she sees me. I want her to run up and wrap her arms around my legs and hug me. (when she learns to walk of course!) I want her to want to spend the night with me...in other words .........
I want to be her "Favorite Aunt":} (no offense to the other Aunts!):)xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox!
I love you Jillyanne and Lil'Bee!
Stay warm, be happy, and laugh out loud, it's fun!
All my love,
Aunt Kim

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke
You are doing a good job with Ella.It just takes time to learn all the cries and the fussy moments,the sleepy times and everthing else in between. You will finally get her on the schedule you want her on it just takes time. Us granny's will do all we can to help. :) Sometimes she will just do what she wants to do.

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
You look so pretty in your pictures. I love the colors of your room. Soon you will get to play alot in there when the weather warms up! See you tomorrow.
I love you Nana