Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Bash!

On Sunday, my parents had a family Halloween party at their house. Most of the family decided to dress up and some of the costumes were quite comical. The party consisted of lots of food, a scavenger hunt, cornhole and even a hayride. I was excited for my mom's side of the family to get to see Ella because several of them had not yet seen her or hadn't seen her since the hospital six weeks ago. I know they enjoyed seeing how much she has changed and getting to hold her. I have posted a few pictures from the party for you to enjoy.



















Mommy went back to work today! After having a slight breakdown last night, my day went pretty smoothly. The kids were excited which made me excited too. Everyone asked about Ella which made me very proud! I was so excited when 3:00 rolled around and mom brought her to my classroom! I'm sure she had a wonderful day with her Daddy and Nana!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad work went well. It is very comforting to know she is with family. I'm sure your kids were glad to have their great teacher back!

Jackie said...

Brooke,
I'm so glad your first day back went ok! We had a great time at your parents house!

Ella,
You were so cute on Sunday. I'm so glad I got to hold you! I love you!

Donovan said...

Ella,

I am so glad I got to spend time with
you on Sunday at the party. I love all the pictures your mommy posted. I am glad she had a good day back at school. I know its hard for her to leave you but we will take good care of you.

Love you,

Granny

Donovan said...

Brooke,

I'm glad your mom and dad included us at their party. You have a great family. Also, Ella was so cute!

I know your class was thrilled to have you back at school even though the day caused you a little sadness in leaving Ella for the first time. I'm happy for you that the day turned out to be a joyful one.

Love,
Jack (Grandpa)

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke,
The pics are good you did a good job getting everyone in them. It was alot of fun, next year we will plan another scavenger hunt.

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella,
Nana enjoyed you so much today,I know it was hard for mommy to leave you today she loves you so much. She is a wonderful teacher and her kids were so glad to have her back. I'm glad mommy had a good day.

aunt kim said...

JILLYANNE,
I'M UP LATE. TEARS DRIPPING OFF MY CHIN. I THINK IT IS SO SWEET THAT YOUR MAMA BROUGHT ELLA TO YOU AT SCHOOL TODAY. FOR SOME REASON THAT JUST REALLY TOUCHES MY HEART. I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU TODAY.
IF WE COULD SAVE ALL THE TEARS A MOTHER HAS CRIED WE WOULD HAVE AN OCEAN OF PURE LOVE. I LOVE YOU, AND THANKS (FOR COUNTING ME IN)
AUNT KIM

Phyllis said...

Brooke,
I thought about you all week, praying that you would have a good first week back to school with your second graders. I know they missed you and was glad to see you back.

Ella was well taken care of by her Nana and Granny. I'm sure she is just a little bit more spoiled. She is such a blessing from God.

I love you and I love your little Ella.

The Halloween pictures are so good. You did a great job getting everyone. Everyone had a great time.

love,
Nanny Bramel