Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Many Thanks

I was reading up on one of my friend's blogs (Sarah) and was inspired to reflect on all the things I have been blessed with and am thankful for. No matter how big or small, these are all things I am extremely grateful for each day!

Top 10 Things I Am Thankful For

10. The Seasons: I love the change of seasons and am always ready for the next. I am thankful God placed me in this part of the country so that I could enjoy all four!

9. Sweet Tea: I have never been one to drink much other than water, but I recently got hooked on Sweet Tea. I am thankful God made the person who invented sweet tea because it is a wonderful treat!

8. Walks: This summer Ella and I have went on a lot of walks. Each time they get even better. We either meet someone new, find something we hadn't seen the time before, or just enjoy watching the things around us. She loves being outside just as much as I do and loves to stroll in her stroller!

7. My Job: I love, love, love teaching and the schedule that comes along with it! I am thankful God made it clear that was what He wanted me to do!

6. Kermie's Job and Happiness: Kermie is most definitely an entrepreneur and is extremely intelligent. He has always wanted to work for himself and to use his handyman skills. In February, he set out to do just that! We are thankful God has blessed his business! I love that he is happy and enjoys his work!

5. Animals: I love animals and especially our family pets ChaCha (my cat), Jake, and Roxanne (mom's dogs)! It is such a great feeling knowing they always love you and look forward to seeing you. I am glad Ella enjoys them as well.

4. Family/Childcare: I am so thankful for my family both immediate and extended! Ella has wonderful grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, great-aunts, great-uncles, cousin, etc! They all love her so much and she loves spending time with them! I always hear teachers at work stressed about childcare and I feel so blessed to have my family watching Ella while I am at work. There is nothing better than knowing your child is well taken care of and has fun in the process! Thanks you mom, Carla, and Nanny for watching Ella!

3. Ella Chase: I always knew I wanted to be a mommy and am so thankful I have been given the opportunity to fulfill that role! Ella is the most wonderful blessing Kermie and I have and we cherish every moment we have with her! The past 11 months have been the greatest!

2. Kermie: Kermie and I found each other at a very young age and I could not be more grateful for that. We have grown together and experienced so much. It's great knowing we have so many more years to learn and grow! If it weren't for him I would be completely unbalanced! I love him more and more each day!

1. Grace and Forgiveness: There is absolutely no greater blessing than knowing I am forgiven each day by the grace of God. While I do not deserve it, I am extremely thankful for it!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Brooke,

You are an amazing grand daughter. It is evident that God's Spirit is living in you. God has blessed you and you are a blessing to others.

I love you, Nanny

Mama Smors said...

we are truly so blessed!!! and by the way i have found a new love with sweet tea also :) it is delish!

Donovan said...

Brooke that really touched my heart. You are such a sweet young lady and I am so happy that you are a part of our family.

Love,
Jack

Donovan said...

Brooke,

I am very thankful that Jamie found you. I am happy that you are a part of our family. I am very very thankful that we have Ella and glad to have the chance to care for her and spend time with her. Your thankful list is very special

Love,
Carla

Gina (Nana) said...

Brooke
I am blessed to have you as a daughter. You are very special. You have the sweetest spirit about you, and I love that about you. Ella is so lucky to have you as a mommy. I love you so much!!!!

Mom

aunt kim said...

Jillyanne,

You have wisdom beyond your years. You should count that as a gift from God. You are able to express yourself so well with words,this gift will help you to comfort others. I am very proud of you and love you very much.

P.S.I will always remember your
"top 10"!