Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Milk, Hot Dogs, and my Birthday Dress

At Ella's last doctor's visit, Dr. Q said we could try introducing milk in her sippy cup to make the transition between bottle and no bottle easier... so this week we tried it. Ella has already had chocolate soy milk in her sippy, but I thought plain soy might not be as fun. To my surprise she actually did really well with it and drank half of her cup. Like everything else, she tastes it, shivers, makes a face, and then goes back for more. Since Monday, Ella has had soy milk in her sippy for lunch everyday.

Another thing Ella really enjoys lately are her veggie dogs. She loves hot dogs more than anything I give her! I am excited because they are dairy free and full of protein which will be great since she doesn't eat meat! Yay for SmartDogs---mommy likes them too!

With Ella's first birthday quickly approaching, I have been looking for an outfit, a dairy free cake, and all those other important birthday details. I have finally found her outfit and am ordering it tomorrow morning. Keep in mind it will say her name, not Charolette's!

5 comments:

Gina (Nana) said...

Ella
I'm glad that you are doing so well with your sippy cup. Mommy loved chocolate milk too when she was your age!
I like the dress that mommy has picked out for your birthday party, you will look beautiful in it! I will see you later, I love you Ella

Nana

Jackie said...

Brooke,
I wish I would have introduced milk in the sippy much earlier! Dr. Q never mentioned it and I had no idea but it probably would have made a huge difference for Ava.

The dress is so cute!

Donovan said...

Ella,

I enjoyed seeing you today. I know you love riding in the toy car; I enjoyed pushing you in it as well. You are a special little girl. I love you!

Grandpa

Donovan said...

Ella,

I enjoyed seeing you today. I am glad you had fun ridding in the car and walking around looking at the flowers.

I like the dress you are getting for your birthday. It's really cute.

I wish you could have see Ava more and played a little longer but you both had weird napping times today.

I love you sweetie and will see you this weekend.

Granny

Jennifer said...

Brooke- That birthday dress is ADORABLE! I want one for my birthday ;)